Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sharing a lane

while swimming at 6 am in the morning can be dangerous!  Not once, but 2 TIMES I was conked on the head by a fellow swimmer!  I bet you did not realize how dangerous the sport of swimming can actually be.
I am trying to drive my kickboard in a semi-straight line (quite difficult for someone like me who has more bad driving days than good ones, I compare bad driving days to bad hair days) with my head down in the H2O, when out of nowhere, WHACK, I have just been brained by a backstroker.  I adjust my goggles, waterproof ipod, earphones, snorkle and kickboard,  swim another 100 yards and BAM!  I am hit again and UGH, I now have to get everything adjusted all over again before I can actually continue...Only 10 more minutes and then I will have my own lane and will continue to try and drive my kickboard in am orderly fashion.  I WILL ONLY HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MYSELF!  So now, I will take my chances and swim on my back, paying VERY close attention to the ceiling tile lines, and drive safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment